Have you done the basic things to kick toxins to the curb? If you are struggling with Lyme it makes sense to get them out of your home and life. Eating whole organic foods and buying organic personal products are two big ways to clean things up. In this blog I am sharing ways to clean up your personal care products.
Low toxic loading is so important while recovering from Lyme disease. Killing the infections of Lyme create more toxic load in your body. Toxic build up makes you feel sick in ways that overlap with Lyme symptoms. It just confuses things and makes you feel miserable. Better to lower your toxin load.
Kicking Toxins to the Curb so Important with Lyme
You have much more control over your environment than you do over your infections. Today, begin to make purchases that off load toxins from your life and help your body on the path back towards health. It is so much simpler not to bring the toxins in then having to detoxify them and escort them out of your body. You might ask why tackle toxins, I have plenty on my plate building wellness with Lyme disease.
“So, it’s so critically important, in my opinion, to work as hard on getting the toxins out of the body as on working on getting the microbes out of the body.”
Dr. Lee Cowden http://www.lyme-disease-research-database.com/lee_cowden_interview.html
Toxin Removal from the Body
We all move toxins out through our sweat, urine and feces. Your digestive track and lymphatic system identify toxins and bring them to your liver. The liver packages them to move safely out of your body, kicks toxins to the curb.
Your detox channel works really hard to process the Lyme, Candida die off endotoxins and all the medicines and supplements you take. It doesn’t need any extra input. I know that after years of antibiotics, supplements and die off my ability to detox my body is overloaded. My liver needs a break from over work.
Detoxification is a critical function of the body. There are many pathways and processes involved, but it is simple to think about it from a sky view.
Toxins don’t get used. They get packaged for removal and eliminated or (if your detox channel can’t keep up), build up in the body and impair health.
Reducing the unnatural, unhealthy materials you bring into and onto your body is a way to leverage detox channel health and recovery. There are so many things you can do to support a cleaner less stressed body. Reducing toxic inputs is one important strategy.
What changes have you made to reduce the toxic load in your life? Scroll down below to share.
I am exploring options to remove toxins from your environment at the upcoming Central Mass Lyme Conference on September 23, 2017 in Worcester, MA. Central Mass Lyme invites experts from all over the country to support understanding and healing Lyme Disease.
5 Changes to kick toxins to the curb
- Get a toothpaste without SLS Sodium Laurel Sulfate disrupts hormones in a way that creates extra stress you don’t need. Here is a simple recipe to make your own. Or buy one ready to use that is clean.
- Buy personal care products with no petroleum based ingredients or parabens. Try shea nut butter instead of petroleum jelly. Apply foods like avocado to your face for moisture instead of chemicals.
- Change Lotion to Organic Oil Your skin is your largest organ, ideally anything you use on your skin you want your body to identify as healthy food, ready to digest and use. Lotions have emollients and preservatives that have to be detoxed. Organic coconut oil or seseame oil are great alternatives.
- No chemical Air Fresheners. Inhaling chemicals add to the load. Why not try essential Oil options instead. Use an atomizer and pick oils that support wellness.
- Stop Coloring your hair. Check this link for some more details on the chemicals in hair dye. It is okay to go Gray! If you have to be a redhead and nature gave you gray, go organic and stretch out time between dye jobs. EWG has a listing for safer hair dyes. Check it out.
Catch up with me at the Central Mass Lyme Conference on September 23, 2017 at 10 am. I will be sharing ideas to get rid of toxins in your environment and “Make You Home A Healing Hub”. Please scroll down and share your best detox idea or new products you love.
The information provided on this website is not a substitute for professional medical care, treatment or advice. All the material here is for information purposes only. Always share strategy and work with your health care team.